Biostimulants comprise of various formulations of compounds, substances, and microorganisms that are neither plant protection products nor fertilizers. Currently, biostimulants can be placed on the German market according to German national legislation as plant strengtheners, soil improvers, or plant aid agents.
The European Fertilizer Regulation (EU) No. 2019/1009, which came into force in July 2019 and will be applicable starting 16th July 2022, lays down the requirements for placing biostimulants on the EU market. In addition to the new EU law, German national legislation will still be applicable for certain biostimulants that are only intended for the German market.
We support you in:
- Finding the appropriate legislation for each product as a plant strengthener, soil improver or plant aid agent
- Notifying plant strengtheners to the German Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food safety (BVL)
- Declaring soil improvers or plant aid agents according to the German Fertilizer Regulation (Düngemittelverordnung – DüMV, 2012)
- Checking for compliance of analytical methods with German standards
- Applying for certificates of conformity at the responsible authorities
- Communicating with authorities
- Understanding and complying with the European Fertilizer Regulation (EU) No. 2019/1009
We will keep you up-to-date in order to ensure that you are taking advantage of the best options for placing your products on the market.